Friday, July 31, 2009

Guthrie Skate Park (7-30-09)

Guthrie Skate Park is attached to Butler Park in Cottonwood Heights.

It's medium-sized in comparison to most parks in the SLC system.
Great for beginners and intermediates.



I got lucky enough to show up on the day slotted by the city for BMX use.

Sadly, there were only four riders plying their trade amidst a sea of skateboarders. A trend I see more and more these days.

They were a younger bunch of guys. But what they lacked in skill they made up for in motivation and hospitality.

My thanks to the Guthrie Locals.


Adam was the first rider I managed to snap a shot of.










Here's another shot of him coming out of his line.
Good form. Smooth exit.








Not to be outdone, Spencer pulled some decent air out of the bowl exit himself.








And then followed it up with this exit off the bowl hump line.
Nicely done.











Then there was Josh.
Josh & I were having a run of bad luck in that every time I'd set up for a shot, his trick would never quite go the way he had hoped.










Eighth time's a charm, eh Josh?
Nice gap over the corner hip.








The final rider I had the pleasure of shooting was Dalton.
Small in voice and stature, this didn't stop him from hopping some pretty big gaps in the park.





In fact, the consistency of his performance prompted me to shoot a small vid of his bowl exit.
Dalt's ready to start working on x-ups and barspins. Best of luck.


Well, those are the highlights of my visit to Guthrie.
A big thanks to the locals for the tricks and the small talk.
If I ever make my way to CH again, I'll be sure to look y'all up.

Keep Riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment