Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dropping In...


Every good blog needs an intro right?
Well, here it goes.




I love BMX.
I've loved it since the day I took the training wheels off my small-fry K-Mart special.
I loved it the first time my buddies and I built a rickety plywood kicker to jump traffic cones.
I loved it the first time I foot-planted a fire hydrant.
And I still loved it the day I locked my crappy old Diamondback up for the last time to join the Army.

As the years passed, life "happened" and Fate slowly pulled me away from the passion I had held so dear in my youth. Yet my love for BMX has never faded. Even today, I still look for trick lines whenever I walk past an open urban space. I still find myself walking into bicycle stores to look at the latest frames and buy the occasional sticker. And I still smile to myself at the sight of wallride marks and a well-ground rail.

So are these the signs of a responsible adult figure?
Who knows. Sadly, only those closest to me can really judge the whole of my life to decide whether I really have "grown up" or not.

But I can say with absolute certainty that BMX was more than just a youthful phase for me.
Like it or not, it's in my blood...even if I can't barspin over a spine.
And while Fate may one day steer me back to my very own whip, I still feel the need to be a part of the sport, to watch it shine and to contribute to its longevity.

Hence the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment