Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Done and done....

I never knew just how big a decision it was to buy a new bike.

But while I was sitting there with the money in hand, the great specter of the responsible parent inevitably seeped into my mind's eye.

All the stuff that I bought was over $500 bucks.
that's $500 that I could put towards a dryer or a computer or a little getaway with the Mrs. or anything that a "responsible" adult might do.

But instead, I bought a bike.

If you'll remember my last post, I was having a problem deciding between the Sunday and Fit cruisers. It was a pretty big dilemma. So big, that I decided to buy a 20" bike instead.

OK, my reason for choosing was a bit more rational.
About a week ago, I took my boy's whip out for a ride just to get a little fresh air and exercise.
I hadn't ridden a 20" in a while, so it took a little getting used to.

But it was fun. It was fun and refreshing and not as impossible as I would have suspected.
In fact it was so much fun that it put 20" bikes back in the realm of purchase possibility for me.

Needless to say, the research began anew.
Which were the best?
Which of the best could I afford?
Of those I could afford, which had the greatest value? (Now this is more than just expense and quality. As I'm not the best rider nor do I plan on riding professionally, I didn't need the top o'the line signature model.)


This decision was easier to make than the cruiser dilemma.
I bought a Sunday Funday Ex Complete.
It was the right size for a big 'un like me, plus it was loaded with a bunch of quality Odsy parts.
Best of all, the going price let me invest the remainder of my $$$ into other necessities like a lock cable, 4 pegs and some well-needed shin guards. And I still had some $ left over. So I went to the Sunday site and picked up a couple T-Shirts. (DOMINGO!)

Overall, a good use of my cash. The economist in me is proud.
Now all I've got to do is wait with baited breath while my baby makes her way to me via shipping.

Yeah, I had to buy my stuff from Dan's. What can I say? Free shipping is a big lure and none of the stores around here sell Sundays.

So the deed is done.
Now it's up to me to make the most of the riding time I've got left.

Gnar.

No comments:

Post a Comment